It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: UK Election 2015
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

Holyman wrote:
Hoff wrote:
why the fuck do you need "hate crime". crime is crime. if someone is fucking assaulted, it's assault. if someone is robbed, it's robbery. if someone is abused via speech, then use libel.

there is absolutely no reason to have laws about "hate crimes". it's an invention of the new left to help suppress opposition to their rubbish, nothing more

That is entirely my opinion on the topic.

You murder someone... You are a murderer who has just murdered. Don't need to flower it up with any kind of ideological persuasion.

If you are abusing, harassing and generally intimidating someone else, then there are all manner of laws already in existence to cover that.

"Hate Crime" legislation is a purely vote-grabbing exercise. Nothing more.

:-??

"hate crime" laws are about sentencing, and since mitigating circumstances have always been a part of sentencing, and hate-crime is just another example of mitigating circumstances, it makes sense.

There's nothing "ideological" about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:06 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Vaxx wrote:
Holyman wrote:
Hoff wrote:
why the fuck do you need "hate crime". crime is crime. if someone is fucking assaulted, it's assault. if someone is robbed, it's robbery. if someone is abused via speech, then use libel.

there is absolutely no reason to have laws about "hate crimes". it's an invention of the new left to help suppress opposition to their rubbish, nothing more

That is entirely my opinion on the topic.

You murder someone... You are a murderer who has just murdered. Don't need to flower it up with any kind of ideological persuasion.

If you are abusing, harassing and generally intimidating someone else, then there are all manner of laws already in existence to cover that.

"Hate Crime" legislation is a purely vote-grabbing exercise. Nothing more.

"hate crime" laws are about sentencing,

No it's not - at least in the UK.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speec ... ed_Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

^^
That's about "hate speech" laws, I was specifically responding to holyman's and hoff's comments about hate crime laws.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:02 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

SomeGuy wrote:

A surprisingly salient point. When you think about it, Hoff's right. It is a civil rights suppression tactic used by the Left.

of course it is. well i dunno about civil rights i dont believe in rights and in aus we dont have gay shit like "civil rights"

but yes it is most definitely used by the left intelligentsia (also those on the right when it suits them especially big business) to suppress free thought against the prevailing "elitist" (hate that word) ideology of multicult aka mass immigration

Trump is going to lose to Hillary in a landslide, he is literally the only candidate who could have lost to her, we will have 4-8 more years of lefty insanity, possible lose the congress, and have a liberal dominated supreme court for a generation.

And I fucking blame you fuckwits who voted for Trump in the primary, classic low information voter.

We need pull taxes, to cull the opinions of DINDU's and inbred Trump supporters. >>::$

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Labour Party Rally Segregated by Gender

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/ ... rty-rally/

All as I have foreseen.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:10 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

hahahhaahhahahaha

cunt thats fucked

see this is why compulsory voting is so awesome. it's in the end the only thing here keeping our politicians from being as bad as the brits

Trump is going to lose to Hillary in a landslide, he is literally the only candidate who could have lost to her, we will have 4-8 more years of lefty insanity, possible lose the congress, and have a liberal dominated supreme court for a generation.

And I fucking blame you fuckwits who voted for Trump in the primary, classic low information voter.

We need pull taxes, to cull the opinions of DINDU's and inbred Trump supporters. >>::$

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Meh. Storm in a tea-cup... Latched onto by the likes of Foota and The Spectator.

Strangely enough, there were no topless women at the Christian Conservative Fellowship meeting, bacon sandwiches weren't on the menu at the meeting of the Jewish Labour Movement, and the National Council of Hindu Temples opted for a beef-free menu at their fundraising gigs...

Funny that.

I mean, by all means, let's all continue to snigger and point at those backward-looking reactionary Muslims, who haven't even managed to get their young women walking around in Public looking like cheap Vegas prostitutes... But let's not pretend that when the organisers of a political meeting consider the cultural and religious sensitivities of those likely to attend that meeting, that it's a sign that a Nation is going to hell in a hand-basket.

I don't personally believe that women need to be segregated from men, and chances are, I wouldn't attend a political meeting where that was mandated. But then, I haven't been raised to believe that men should be segregated from women, so why would I think any differently?

Personally, I *DO* believe that the automatic veneration as a "Hero", of any idiot stupid enough to sign-up to the Armed Forces, is a continuation of the same Elite-serving propaganda that sent millions of decent men to their deaths in the Wars of the 20th Century. I could point at almost any public gathering anywhere in the United States and ridicule the preposterous hallowing of "Those Who Serve", but only because I haven't been brainwashed into thinking otherwise.

Many Muslims have been brainwashed into thinking that women need to be kept segregated from men. They have also been brainwashed into believing that anyone who ridicules or disrespects "their" beliefs, is trying to do the work of the Devil, and is to be resisted.

So, you know, it's all a bit counter-productive, taking the piss out of them, isn't it?

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:03 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Holyman wrote:
Many Muslims have been brainwashed into thinking that women need to be kept segregated from men. They have also been brainwashed into believing that anyone who ridicules or disrespects "their" beliefs, is trying to do the work of the Devil, and is to be resisted.

And the Liberal elites in your government and culture enable this brainwashing by bending over backwards to accommodate patriarchy and extremist religious views (murder for those who blaspheme Mohammed).

Holyman wrote:
So, you know, it's all a bit counter-productive, taking the piss out of them, isn't it?

They don't have to be rude or take a piss out of them.

You simply say: "We are so happy for you to come live in the UK, please abide by the rules we have established for living in a free, secular and tolerant society."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:45 pm 
Major General
Major General

Big day tomorrow. So who's voting, and for whom? Who would our foreign friends vote for?

I'm gonna let my 15 year old daughter decide. They're all shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:11 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Slacks wrote:

WHA!?!?!?!

Pics or GTFO P~~B

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

tgrant wrote:
Slacks wrote:

WHA!?!?!?!

Pics or GTFO P~~B

I meant my 15 month old daughter, you pervy git!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 pm 
Major General
Major General

Good to see the British press offering a neutral and balanced standpoint the day before the election:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:51 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

My votes for Nigel.

Last edited by AudieMurphyIncarnate on Thu May 07, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Slacks wrote:
tgrant wrote:
Slacks wrote:

WHA!?!?!?!

Pics or GTFO P~~B

I meant my 15 month old daughter, you pervy git!

In that case P~~B P~~B

:D

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:13 am 
Major General
Major General

AudieMurphyIncarnate wrote:
My votes for Nigel.

Nigel is great entertainment. Some of the crap he comes out with is hilarious. Even when his statement of "facts" are roundly discredited he still, without any shame at all, continues with the same line.

Still, his personality has drawn a lot of the less-thuggish right-wing immigrant haters away from unsavoury elements like the BNP. I don't hold out much hope for Ukip if Nigel was to step down though, which he said he would do if he didn't win his seat. This is Ukip's his number two. Pleasant lady!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:08 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

So... Here's the scenario (for our friends abroad; and any Brits that may have missed it...).

In 2010, as a condition of supporting the Conservative (Tory) Party in a Coalition Government, the Liberal Democrat Party (leader: Nick Clegg) was able to initiate a referendum on a switch from the current (and archaic) "First Past the Post" voting system; to a system called "Alternative Vote" (which is not, in fact, a form of Proportional Representation...).

Only 40% of the UK Electorate turned out to vote in that Referendum, and 2/3's of those who voted (about 25% of the UK Electorate then...), voted against changing from FPTP to AV.

Right.

According to the latest exit polls, it is estimated that the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) will receive a 14% share of the National Vote in today's General Election.

But because of the way that FPTP works, and the way that Parliamentary Seats in the House of Commons are distributed by Constituency, that 14% of the National Vote will translate to precisely... Zero seats in Parliament for UKIP.

Meanwhile, North of the Border, the Scottish National Party is anticipated to receive a 4% share of the (UK-wide) National Vote in today's General Election.

And because of the way that FPTP works &c... That 4% will translate to approximately.... *FIFTY* (out of 650) seats in Parliament.

And since it looks like neither the Conservative nor Labour Party are likely to win a sufficient number of seats to command a workable majority in the House of Commons; then the SNP - with their anticipated 50 seats - will essentially become the "King-makers" in the horse-trading that is likely to begin tomorrow morning.

In the run-up to today, the Conservative Party strategists foresaw this, and were able to maneuver the leader of the Labour Party (Ed Milliband) into publicly declaring he would *NOT* form a Coalition Government with the SNP. (Which was a bit of an idiot move on Milliband's part..)

The SNP are rather to the Left Wing, ideologically speaking, so there is no chance of their being willing to form a coalition with the Conservatives (which is why the Tories had no qualms about forcing Milliband to declare against an SNP Coalition).

The Liberal Democrats aren't really going to feature much... There is even a question mark about whether or not their leader, Nick Clegg (currently Deputy Prime Minister) will hold onto his parliamentary seat. Though the Lib Dems are on course for 10% of the National Vote, that will in all likelihood translate to only about 3% of the seats in Parliament.

So...

What I'm *REALLY* hoping and looking forward to tomorrow, is one gigantic mess. The UK will technically have no Government, and it will then be up to the Queen to decide how to move things forward (cue: Constitutional Crisis).

As a postscript:

It now appears that nearly two-thirds of the UK Electorate would prefer the use of a Proportional Representation System in National Elections: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... rnalSearch

Should have thought about that in 2010, shouldn't they.

>&8~

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Just done my civic duty and voted SNP. I can't wait till we fuck up the UK so they will vote to kick us out the union.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 pm 
Major General
Major General

Well I've voted, with absolutely no passion whatsoever. 'spose it reminds the politicians that people can be bothered. Or should I have abstained to show how disconnected I feel from the process?

Dunno.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:12 pm 
Major General
Major General

Exit polls showing Conservatives on 316 seats and Lib Dems with 10. That's 326 seats out of 650, which is a somewhat slim majority for the current coalition!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

And why the fuck isn't IT used in any capacity for the voting process? Why am I using a pencil to mark an X on paper that goes to a load of people to manually count it?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Fuck the tories... They've fucked up the NHS and my fucking welfare... Kisss my ass tory piss face.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 pm 
Major General
Major General

barcelona wrote:
Fuck the tories... They've fucked up the NHS and my fucking welfare... Kisss my ass tory piss face.

Who did you vote for?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:

Spoken like a true societal leech.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:07 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Don't you work for the government ?

Prick

"you stupid illiterate fucking bastard fuck. Maybe you should grab a dictionary instead, you fucking twat wanker. Oh, and fuck you and your stupid fucking boat. Fucking fuck.
Now fuck off out of this thread, you buttfucking fucking asshole." Slacks

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:09 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Junior-IRL wrote:
Don't you work for the government ?

Prick

I work full time and pay taxes unlike that cunt. People like him have little ground to complain.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next