It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: UK Election 2015
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:30 am 
Captain
Captain

I'm confused by this thread.......you get to vote for your next King or Queen? :-?

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

MIDNIGHT wrote:
I'm confused by this thread.......you get to vote for your next King or Queen? :-?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

:-?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:10 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

'Non-doms' is raising a smile in this household as its mentioned every 2 mins...

:P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:39 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Just had a Tory MP stop me and ask how I'd like him to spend 100k on a stretch of the beach, chatted for 20 mins about widening cycle lanes ffs. Whole bunch of them canvassing around the seafront on a sunny day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:58 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

MIDNIGHT wrote:

when i rule aus ill change the constitution so that we get to elect our monarch from the royal family, so we can have Harry the Lad King of Australia

Trump is going to lose to Hillary in a landslide, he is literally the only candidate who could have lost to her, we will have 4-8 more years of lefty insanity, possible lose the congress, and have a liberal dominated supreme court for a generation.

And I fucking blame you fuckwits who voted for Trump in the primary, classic low information voter.

We need pull taxes, to cull the opinions of DINDU's and inbred Trump supporters. >>::$

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Wunderschlung wrote:
Just had a Tory MP stop me and ask how I'd like him to spend 100k on a stretch of the beach, chatted for 20 mins about widening cycle lanes ffs. Whole bunch of them canvassing around the seafront on a sunny day.

fucking degenerate. cycling lanes and all cycling on the road should be banned. also cyclists should be executed

Trump is going to lose to Hillary in a landslide, he is literally the only candidate who could have lost to her, we will have 4-8 more years of lefty insanity, possible lose the congress, and have a liberal dominated supreme court for a generation.

And I fucking blame you fuckwits who voted for Trump in the primary, classic low information voter.

We need pull taxes, to cull the opinions of DINDU's and inbred Trump supporters. >>::$

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 03918.html

Who needs Saudi Arabia's Clerics calling the shots when you got goofy PC Libs in the UK doing their work for them?

Radical Muslims are religiously cleansing the entire Middle East and murdering Jews and Cartoonists in Europe, but Miliband and Labour have their eye on the ball in terms of the real threat!

Can't make this shit up.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm 
Major General
Major General

Foota wrote:

Who needs Saudi Arabia's Clerics calling the shots when you got goofy PC Libs in the UK doing their work for them?

Radical Muslims are religiously cleansing the entire Middle East and murdering Jews and Cartoonists in Europe, but Miliband and Labour have their eye on the ball in terms of the real threat!

Heh. Well they were never gonna win over any UKIPers, so might as well go for the opposite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:

Hate crime is hate crime whether against Jews or Muslims...

Seems like you condone attacks against innocent Muslim folks going about their business..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

british greens are fuckin nuts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 am 
Major General
Major General

barcelona wrote:
Hate crime is hate crime whether against Jews or Muslims...

Seems like you condone attacks against innocent Muslim folks going about their business..

It is already a hate crime, but I think Foota's point is that Miliband is making Islamophobia an extra-hate crime.

I personally don't think it's right to judge some hate crimes worse than others, so I'm with Foota on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

Anyone watch Question Time last week? Particularly the questions around their proposed economic policies which, according to some independent review, are so vague as to be largely useless when it comes to voting on that basis?

The exception was UKIP, who apparently have a clear, easy to understand economic policy based on finding the rest of Europe objectionable and not giving aid to brown African people, because corruption.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:47 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Poppycock.

Hate crime is Hate crime.

Foota: "Radical Muslims are religiously cleansing the entire Middle East and murdering Jews and Cartoonists in Europe, but Miliband and Labour have their eye on the ball in terms of the real threat!"

The real threat is one set of humans directing hatred at another set of humans, because of perceived (and over-exaggerated and propagandised) ideological differences.

Bombing the shit out of the Middle East for the last 15 years has only exacerbated the situation. ISIS wouldn't exist, much less have made the gains it has, but for the (alleged) idea that bombing and invading Iraq would be a constructive and positive thing... >&8~

The U.S. Government, and its lackeys in Western Europe, try to justify at every turn why it is okay to kill Arab Muslims in the Middle East. They've created failed states in Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen (and also Somalia, come to that...).

The "Message" is that it's okay to hate and kill Arab Muslims, because they are hateful, murdering sub-humans.

No. "They" are not.

A tiny minority of people living in the Middle East are opportunistically trying to expand their personal power-bases, by attacking, killing and generally making life miserable for the vast majority of other people living in the Middle East. Western Governments don't have a moral leg to stand on, because the only policy *THEY* can come up with to try and resolve the problems in the Middle East... Is to attack, kill and generally make life miserable for the vast majority of people living in the Middle East.

All this stuff percolates down.

The message to the Hard of Thinking is that Muslims are ideologically-regressive maniacs. That sort of thing encourages people to behave hatefully and violently towards one another (think of the sort of moral pass people get, if they fantasise about what they'd like to do to paedophiles...).

Islamophobia is *EXACTLY* the same thing as Anti-Semitism: it is the bigoted, inexcusable and woefully ignorant hatred of a group of people due to their vague relationship to an ideological group that is unfairly stigmatised.

It is ignorance. Pure and simple.

I am wholly and unreservedly with Barca on this one.

^^|^^

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

I'd read Foota's post as saying hate crime is hate crime, and asking why Islamophobia specifically should be elevated above other forms of hate crime and getting a bit hyperbolic about it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:46 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
I'd read Foota's post as saying hate crime is hate crime, and asking why Islamophobia specifically should be elevated above other forms of hate crime and getting a bit hyperbolic about it.

Yup.

Like I said, who needs Saudi Clerics and Sharia Law when you got blinkered PC enforcers like Holyman and Milliband telling you how irrational and "phobic" you are if one criticizes some of the primitive and intolerant aspects of Islamic culture (death to apostates etc.)?

You know, the shit the preach in "mainstream" mosques in London.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njRKaX0ORuI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:41 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

there are plenty of groups of people that deserve to be hated. some of them should be shot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Slacks wrote:

I read as much as well. What makes Islam more deserving of greater protections against hate crimes if all hate crimes are equally despicable and deplorable?

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

SomeGuy wrote:
Slacks wrote:

I read as much as well. What makes Islam more deserving of greater protections against hate crimes if all hate crimes are equally despicable and deplorable?

Because they are getting attacked more than most recently???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:04 am 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Slacks wrote:

Assuming that's true that sounds more like a need for greater enforcement and prosecution of existing laws rather than pointlessly writing new ones.

But that would be too smart for politicians to think of.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:28 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Slacks wrote:

Really? I guess you got lots of haters on that island of yours? Maybe your nanny-government is right thinking you primitives can't handle all that free speech without inciting pogroms and stuff?

Antisemitic attacks in UK at highest level ever recorded

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/f ... population

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:

Oy Vay a few jewbags get abused..... Compared to hundreds of Muslims getting abused.

Fuck off Foota

Also Jews are lying cunts anyway. Just up your streeet mate as you too are a lying wanker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:01 am 
Major General
Major General

SomeGuy wrote:
Assuming that's true that sounds more like a need for greater enforcement and prosecution of existing laws rather than pointlessly writing new ones.

Quite.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 am 
Holyman
Holyman

SomeGuy wrote:

Blame those sodding Jews...

They set the precedent for religio-specific hate-crime legislation... What with their Holocaust-Denial laws and such...

December 29th, 2014 (Updated: April 24th, 2015): EXCLUSIVE: Tough new laws to combat the surge in anti-Semitic abuse in Britain

Quote:
MINISTERS will today unleash a tough new crackdown to combat rising anti-Semitism in Britain following a surge of sickening attacks against the Jewish community.

But, you know, carry on with explaining why no single religious group should deserve greater protections against hate crimes, if all hate crimes are equally despicable...

:-"

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:39 am 
Major General
Major General

I'm probably being a bit dense, but I've got a bit lost on what the argument is.

For what it's worth I think hate crime should be a generic law that's applied to all hate-related situations. If Jews or Muslamics or gingers are coming under particular hate-related attacks then the police focus resources on those areas. I don't think there would be a need to create hate laws for specific groups, or at least there shouldn't be if the original hate law is constructed well enough. I also think it's a bit dangerous when the government decide who should be more protected than others.

I'm not sure who is agreeing or disagreeing with this position.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next