It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Battlefield 4, 5 or 1?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Getting a hankering for some BFing. Platform is PS4 so options are BF1, 4 or 5. I know 5 has SJW bullshit but it reviewed OK.

Probably 4 is the best bet though.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:21 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Barely played.

1 sounded like a flop.

I imagine you can get this on PS, you know the EA subscription at 4 quid a month? Can you get that?
In which case fill your boots and check em all out, and other things like Bomber Command, Star Wars etc, then dump it.

Worked sweet for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Can you get 1943 on the PS4? I enjoyed that one. Also BC2 was fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hey I have an idea! Toss that gay console out the window and download Bf1942 and play that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:38 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

https://brandonhemmy.wixsite.com/f2pgam ... -downloads

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:41 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PBFMullethunter wrote:

Bc2 was great had some really good times with that and a few mates playing together.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:55 pm 
Major General
Major General

barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

Bc2 was great had some really good times with that and a few mates playing together.

If BC2 was available on the PS4 I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. Had a lot of fun with that game. BF1943 isn't available on PS4 either sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:09 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I barely touched it but the MP for Titanfall 2 is supposed to be the horse's cock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I need a shooter going on actually. Not gelling with Borderlands 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Slacks wrote:
Getting a hankering for some BFing. Platform is PS4 so options are BF1, 4 or 5. I know 5 has SJW bullshit but it reviewed OK.

Probably 4 is the best bet though.

Thoughts?

5 is absolute shite. The worst Battlefield game ever made. There is nothing redeeming about this title.

Battlefield 4 is better than 5 but is a tad dead if you want to get all the unlocks because of exotic modes that nobody plays anymore.

Battlefield 1 is in okay shape minus the cheaped out technical state it's in. (Quite a few lag spikes and server crashes. As well as sub-par game performance on numerous topics.) And the chronically poor weapon balance (Assault class has god guns that can't be beat on most of the map, particularly the Hellreigel) is a major source of frustration. The TTK 2.0 update they did in early 2018 didn't help the gameplay, it basically cemented it into either MG campers, snipers or unbeatable god guns of the Assault class when previously there was more viability and variety. Oh yeah, and most pilots love to fly the idiotic Ilya Muromets bomber for its fucknormous splash damage that can wipe out an entire 32 man team in one run. But otherwise it's a far superior product to Battlefield 5 despite being a diminished product compared to BF1's launch.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Not gonna lie, the BFV infantry gunplay was decent, everything else from vehicles to design, art and so much more is extremely bad.

Just make sure to get your BF game on Steam. You still get the Origin DRM but what the hell, it's Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/franchise/Battlefield

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:13 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Graphic-J wrote:
the BFV infantry gunplay was decent

No it wasn't. It's Call of Duty gunplay through and through. Spreadless, near recoilless, spray and pray gunplay. The only thing missing from BFV's gunplay that doesn't make it an exact clone of COD is hitscan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
I imagine you can get this on PS, you know the EA subscription at 4 quid a month? Can you get that?
In which case fill your boots and check em all out, and other things like Bomber Command, Star Wars etc, then dump it.

Worked sweet for me.

This was a good call. Gonna try it for a month (4 squid) and take it from there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I usually don't do that kind of thing but it was sweet for me, kept it on for around 3 months' then cancelled no worries. You can even keep things installed with save games etc for when you come back, total user friendly and really good price.

2 things:

You don't get the brand new stuff for a while.

Remember to cancel when you aren't using, is how soooo many subscriptions make their money (gyms esp!!)

SomeGuy wrote:
fucknormous

+5 internets.

Added to lexicon

gg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

SomeGuy wrote:
Graphic-J wrote:
the BFV infantry gunplay was decent

No it wasn't. It's Call of Duty gunplay through and through. Spreadless, near recoilless, spray and pray gunplay. The only thing missing from BFV's gunplay that doesn't make it an exact clone of COD is hitscan.

Oh I know, it definitley has its many faults. BAdly design recoil is one of them. I'm just being BFV's Devil's advocate here since its the worst on my list. When comparing it to its predecessor only (BF1) I'd pick BFV's gunplay in a hearttbeat. BF1's gunplay is still one of the most shallow minded gunplay that I have ever experienced in a shooter. From Sniping with easy to shoot "sweet spots" to LMGs that actually get accurate the more you spray it and so much more - Of course, I still prefer BF4 and BF3's gunplay and everything else that comes with it... minus the overdone blurry suppresion and sun rays that burn out your corneas.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:53 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Graphic-J wrote:
I still prefer BF4 and BF3's gunplay

BF3 gunplay minus the idiotic first shot multipliers to recoil or spread. None of this zeroing nonsense, no sweet spots, no spreadless COD gameplay, none of that variable effect suppression that does nothing at any range save really extreme distances where it suddenly skyrockets into being, no reverse spread mechanics, no random recoil, none of this tiny ass bullet count overheats, none of this twitch shooter nonsense, none of that.

Just good clean gunplay where if you magdump with an automatic weapon you might be able to control the recoil but you'll be very inaccurate at long long ranges, similarly you'll need to have extreme precision to make snipers work right. Though personally I'd ban sniping in multiplayer, it serves little to no purpose. It'd need major drawbacks including reintroducing spread to snipers, no one shot kills and certainly be disadvantaged in direct combat against almost anything at almost any range. In short, batter the snipers into almost uselessness and totally undesirable. Also, sniper limits like two to a team.

Also I'd eliminate a lot of illogical one shot kills such as shotgun one hit kills and do something that discourages corner camping. (Maybe increased damage from explosives in tight spaces? Reduced outgoing damage for the camper? Reduced score? All of the above?)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

SomeGuy wrote:

Though personally I'd ban sniping in multiplayer, it serves little to no purpose. It'd need major drawbacks including reintroducing spread to snipers, no one shot kills and certainly be disadvantaged in direct combat against almost anything at almost any range. In short, batter the snipers into almost uselessness and totally undesirable. Also, sniper limits like two to a team.

Sounds like you never figured out how to keep your head down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:04 am 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Though personally I'd ban sniping in multiplayer, it serves little to no purpose. It'd need major drawbacks including reintroducing spread to snipers, no one shot kills and certainly be disadvantaged in direct combat against almost anything at almost any range. In short, batter the snipers into almost uselessness and totally undesirable. Also, sniper limits like two to a team.

Sounds like you never figured out how to keep your head down.

I have but for every sniper you kill in the game, it seems bring up three more. When half or more of the enemy team is snipers, infantry play is intolerably unfun. It's bad enough when you have half of your team being snipers that it becomes an automatic loss.

The only way to have fun in a sniperfag fest is either planewhore or tankwhore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:32 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

SomeGuy wrote:

Also I'd eliminate a lot of illogical one shot kills such as shotgun one hit kills and do something that discourages corner camping. ...

You're preaching to the choir. I hate shotguns in most shooters. You just can't balance these guns. They're either too good (breaking balance) or not good enough (gets bad/noob players mad).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:35 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Graphic-J wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Also I'd eliminate a lot of illogical one shot kills such as shotgun one hit kills and do something that discourages corner camping. ...

You're preaching to the choir. I hate shotguns in most shooters. You just can't balance these guns. They're either too good (breaking balance) or not good enough (gets bad/noob players mad).

I'd do em with a simplicity in mind, they'd kill fast at close range at least competitively with other stuff and don't require much precision to achieve it but they would be a two-shot kill every time with buckshot. In exchange I'd give em semi-realistic range and accuracy, no longer being the weapon of a corner camper.

No overpowered one shot kills, no idiotic cannon-level recoil, no more wet cough range shot dispersion, they'd be old school spread shot weapons. Pepper multiple enemies from afar or get close and unleash heavy damage all at once on one target.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 am 
Major General
Major General

Played a few hours of BF4 yesterday. Being generally shit at BF + not knowing the maps means I got killed a lot, but it's a lot of fun. I'd forgot the tension when you were slowly capturing a flag, only to see the bar stop moving so you know someone on the other team is in the vicinity.

Not sure about all this customisation bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Other downside: Operation Locker, basically a CoD corridor level ^^|^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:47 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

get GTA V and weed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:41 am 
Major General
Major General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
get GTA V and weed

I played through the SP on GTA V. It was OK but was glad when I finished it. The scale was immense, which isn't always a good thing, and the side missions were usually incredibly dull. Lots of breadth, not much depth.

Never played it online. Looks like fun, in a retarded sort of way, but I sold the game long ago and have no interest in re-purchasing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:16 pm 
Major General
Major General

Man I suck at Battlefield. Sometimes I get on a server with other n00bs and I have a blast. Other times I find myself among experienced players and die within seconds of spawn. Annoying.